Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome to memory lane

Yesterday when they spoke of us possibly getting snow I instantly thought, "Ooh weee let us have a snow day!" I felt like a kid again. I was tempted to stay up all night watching tv, but thought to myself I better not just in case we really do have school tomorrow. (there's nothing worse than being tired and having to deal with somebody's less than well behaved children.) LOL. When I was younger I didn't base my life on "just in case". Who cared?!

I remember like it was yesterday. I had to be in 5th or 6th grade when the news called for snow. We coudn't be happier! There was already snow on the ground so we just KNEW we weren't gonna have school the next day. (Our confidence came from the fact that we lived in a county that was partially rural and country roads were horrible whenever it snowed.) That being said my best friend, another next door neighbor, my little brother and myself decided to "carpe diem" or better yet....Seize the snow! We stayed out all night having snow ball fights, making snow angels, and then coming inside and hanging out. We had a BLAST! Being that we played to our hearts content we were tuckered out and finally went to bed. Now I can't remember if we actually woke up or not, but to our dismay we had school the next day. Uhm, needless to say we didn't make it to school. LMAO. My mom cut us a little slack and we didn't get in trouble because she knew we really thought we were gonna have a snow day. (plus she knew the nerd in me hated missing school, so she knew our late night play wasn't an intentional excuse to miss school). Well, looks like not a whole lot has changed cause there's nothing better than a good snow day!!

This leads to my angel dust: Snow brings out the inner kid in every one.......it's kinda like childhood....so go play in it before it slowly melts away and disappears.....

No comments:

Post a Comment